Whether you’ve lived with crooked teeth your entire life or they’ve shifted in adulthood, you may suffer from chronic self-consciousness and feel embarrassed every time you open your mouth. Maybe you’ve mastered the closed-mouth smile or have developed the habit of hiding behind your hand.
Now is as good a time as ever to get the gorgeous, perfectly straight grin you’ve always wanted. And you do it without enduring years of wearing unattractive and uncomfortable metal braces on your teeth. In fact, you can do it without wearing braces at all.
We have several cosmetic procedures that will give you the confidence to smile openly and without hesitation once again. That is a good thing for your appearance, your self-esteem, your social life, and your career.
One of our doctors will be happy to examine your mouth, discuss the pros and cons of each option, and help you determine which best fits you and your budget.
Tooth bonding is a very simple and painless procedure that will cover a variety of dental flaws, including teeth that are slightly crooked or out of alignment. While the procedure will not be effective for severe orthodontic problems, it is well worth considering for very minor cases for a number of reasons. It is inexpensive compared to other cosmetic dental procedures, it is non-invasive, and it is fast. In most cases, you will require just one appointment and leave our office with newly straight teeth.
The process is simple. Anesthesia is generally not required, unless we are working with a decayed tooth.
- We use a shade guide to determine the exact color of your enamel, and color the composite bonding material so that it’s a precise match. The resin will not be distinguishable from your real tooth.
- We prepare the area by slightly roughening the surface and coating it with a conditioning solution. This helps the bonding resin adhere better.
- One of our skilled dentists will apply the material to your tooth, shaping, smoothing, and molding it so that it makes flaws — including slight crookedness — disappear.
- We will use a special light to harden, or cure, the composite resin.
- Finally, after making sure the resin is perfectly trimmed and perhaps making a few adjustments, we polish it so that it gleams just like the surrounding teeth.
A dental veneer is a thin shell-like structure that is bonded to the front of your tooth. It matches your tooth color and sheen perfectly and hides many dental imperfections, from stains and chips to gaps and mild crookedness. At Davenport Dental Group, we offer traditional porcelain veneers, which are permanent because they require the removal of a small amount of enamel before placement. We also offer three brands of minimal prep and prepless veneers: Lumineers, daVinci, and DURAthin. If no tooth enamel is removed, the veneers may be taken off in the future.
Texas-made ClearCorrect is our best option for correcting more severe orthodontic problems. The metal-free, bracket-free, and wire-free system utilizes a series of clear, soft, mouthguard-like aligners that are custom made for you. Over the course of about a year, the aligners shift your teeth into the desired position. The aligners should be worn for about 22 hours every day, but they are removable for brushing, flossing, and eating. (No food restrictions — yay!) While duration of treatment varies from person to person, they generally work more quickly than conventional braces. Plus they are more comfortable in your mouth, require no painful tightening, and are practically invisible on your teeth. Most people will not even notice the aligner in your mouth — we promise.