September 7, 2016
You get ready in the morning for a big day. You pick out clothes that you look great wearing because you want to look your best. You fix your hair, brush your teeth — and there it is. Your unsightly smile. It’s not horrible, but there are enough cosmetic dental problems that you don’t like your smile. But what can you do?
Get a smile makeover from either of our Laredo, TX dental offices. A smile makeover is a comprehensive plan to correct all of the cosmetic problems with your smile. It can include teeth whitening, ClearCorrect orthodontics, dental veneers, and much more. But is it worth it? Here are a few ways getting a smile makeover impacts your whole life.
– You can help keep your mouth healthier. The purpose of a smile makeover is to correct the cosmetic dentistry problems so your smile looks amazing. However, there are some dental health benefits from cosmetic dental treatments. If your teeth are not even and packed in close enough, it’s easier for food to get stuck there. Orthodontic treatments like ClearCorrect from either of our Laredo, TX dental offices can move your teeth where they belong. This can help avoid that problem. Some treatments like dental veneers do more than just hide damage. They seal it up, preventing cracks and chips from getting worse over time.
– When your smile looks better, you can look younger. There’s nothing wrong with getting older. You should be proud of how you look. That said, most of us want to retain at least part of how we looked when we were younger. That’s why there are so many products on the market to do just that: hair dyes, skin moisturizers, tanning beds, and so on. No one should want to change everything to look younger, but there’s also nothing wrong with taking a few years off your look.
That’s what a smile makeover can do for you. Anything that’s a bit banged up or dingy looks old. When you get teeth whitening, dental veneers, and similar treatments as part of a smile makeover, your smile will look younger. That means you will look younger too.
– People at work tend to pay attention to you more. When it comes to your career, you need to be noticed. Working hard does have its own rewards. But unless you’re satisfied with remaining in the same position at the same company for the rest of your life, you need to stand out. Hard work is simply not enough these days. You need to separate from the crowd. Getting a smile makeover can help with that.
No, your winning smile is not going to make you more productive or anything. People tend to like looking at others with great teeth. Maybe that’s a bit shallow, but it’s true. When you get a smile makeover and have a fantastic smile, people will be more likely to listen to you. That means your great ideas and presentations will go over better.
– Knowing how good you look can improve your confidence. How you think you look can affect your mood, choices, and confidence. If you’ve ever shown up at a party seriously overdressed or underdressed, you know exactly what that feels like. When you think you stick out like a sore thumb, chances are you’ll want to leave. That’s because you don’t feel confident. Even if no one says anything to you about how you look, you don’t like it. When you lack confidence, you’re not going to be successful in life. You’ll be too worried about things and will spend more of your time on the sidelines.
With a smile makeover, you turn a smile that you don’t like into something you love. When you walk into a room, you know people will enjoy seeing you smile. That builds up your confidence even without other people saying anything. You know you look good, and that helps.
– You’ll be able to move past trauma from accidents that hurt your teeth. There are many reasons your smile could look worn and unsightly. In some cases, it’s just because of time. Stained teeth, for example, get that way thanks to years of drinking coffee, wine, and so on. But there are cases where the cosmetic dental problem happened almost instantly. Take a bad fall on a bike or get hit in the mouth with a baseball, and your great smile is suddenly damaged and problematic.
When you look at your damaged smile in the mirror, that’s exactly what you’re doing. If your teeth are now crooked because of a biking accident, you can replay that accident in your mind whenever you brush your teeth. Replaying the accident can also bring up worries and fears associated with it. A smile makeover corrects the cosmetic problems with your smile. This can help you move past the traumatic event. If you use ClearCorrect to even out those crooked teeth, for example, you can finally start to forget the accident.
Smile makeovers can include just about any cosmetic dentistry treatment that will help your smile. If you’re ready to get a dazzling smile, call our Junction Drive dental office at 956-242-6745 or our office on East Del Mar at 956-517-2695.