There are many reasons why you might have lost some teeth as you got older. More important is how missing teeth affect your quality of life. It’s embarrassing to show others, it can make eating harder, and it can even interfere with talking.
Call Davenport Dental Group today at 956-242-6745 (Junction Drive) or 956-517-2695 (Winfield) to make an initial appointment for modern dentures. These can replace all the teeth on the top or bottom so you can look, chew, and talk normally once more. But which type of dentures is best for you?
Get The Right Dentures For You
Everyone’s situation is different, so it helps to have choices when it comes to your dental care. Our dentists combine expert training and real-world experience, so you can get several kinds of dentures.
- Full dentures: These are the traditional dentures you might be thinking of right now. They replace a full arch of teeth, and they rest directly on your gums. Between the shape of the gum-colored mold and a simple adhesive, your replacement teeth stay in place.
- Partial dentures: If you still have some of your natural teeth, this might work for you. It’s used to replace only a few teeth in a row. They usually stay put by connecting it to your teeth.
- Implant-retained dentures: These use dental implants surgically placed in your jawbone. When you chew, the pressure goes to the bone like normal. They are also very secure in your mouth.
- Implant-supported dentures: Very similar to the above, but these attach differently so the gums absorb chewing pressure, not the bone. This works if your jawbone is too thin to take several implants.
- Temporary dentures: Here, you can quickly get replacement teeth while waiting for your real dentures to be made.
You need to have enough healthy bone tissue in your jaw because the implants will go there, so if there are any issues, you can get traditional full dentures.
Feel Great Again, Too
Getting the right type of dentures gives you many benefits. First, you will look normal when you smile. Whether you’re making a first impression or just talking to friends, knowing there’s a gap in your smile saps your confidence. You might even try to avoid smiling! By replacing lost teeth with dentures, you can regain that confidence and feel proud to smile.
Eating can be a problem when you’re missing a lot of teeth, and not just foods like corn-on-the-cob. Your teeth are tools needed to chew up your food. When you lack too many, you could be damaging your gums. Some will avoid certain foods altogether. But when you have a set of dentures to replace missing teeth, you can chew confidently once more. And if you are worried about dentures sliding around, you can get implant-retained or implant-supported dentures.
There’s no reason to wait. Call us today at 956-242-6745 (Junction Drive) or 956-517-2695 (Winfield), or use our online form to make a new appointment. Once our highly trained dentists examine your smile, you’ll work together to find the right type of dentures for you.