At Davenport Dental Group, our unique and exceptional General Dentists are the lifeblood of our company and central to our mission of providing high quality dental care for the people of our community. Our dentists treat their patients in every discipline of general dentistry, made even more enjoyable by our modern and cutting-edge practice technology. You will have a team of assistants and hygienists to support cohesiveness and continuity of care. In addition, you will participate in professional growth and development to assure you become the best version of yourself. Together, we can make dentistry more fun and less painful.
Every person in our company shares these innate values that they express every day:
A Day in the Life
As a General Dentist at Davenport Dental Group, a typical day might include any of the following:
- Arriving at 8:00 am to huddle with your team to celebrate yesterday’s wins and address the opportunity to prepare for the day’s patients
- A CEREC crown
- A molar root canal
- An emergency patient in pain that requires an extraction
- Restoring an implant with a crown
- Replacing multiple old amalgams with composites or crowns with buildups
- Occasionally spending lunch with your assistants to participate in their training and to hear their feedback about how you can communicate better with patients.
- Checking hygiene patients and performing new patient examinations
- Creating treatment plans that are consistent with informing patients of their needs while providing the services that they want
This Position Might Be for You if:
- You love the people and culture of Laredo and South Texas.
- You want a practice that provides support through mentoring so that you can develop and improve your skills.
- You enjoy family-friendly hours and no working on weekends.
- You want a practice with the patient flow that will help you achieve an income level that provides a high quality of life.
- You resonate with our “tribal language” communication style that presents treatment options to patients without overwhelming them while still helping them appreciate the “why” for the needed treatment.
- You understand that case acceptance doesn’t necessarily happen today, but rather over time with a quality relationship in place first.
- You believe in getting better every day, and you are comfortable with sharing your unique professional goals.
- You love to have fun and you have tons of energy that you share with your team and patients.
- You are competitive, both with yourself and others, as it contributes to your growth and ability to deliver your “gift” of dentistry.
- You are self-driven and will take initiative to improve processes to make Davenport Dental Group better.
- You are confident in your capabilities, yet you aren’t afraid to admit it when you don’t know the right way to do something.
- You love people and seek to develop lasting relationships with your patients and your team.
This Job Isn’t for You if:
- You resist change and believe that your way is always the best way.
- You don’t work well with a team. Our practice cannot be successful without every team member (including front desk, assistants, hygienists, doctors and administrative) working together in unison to maximize workflow and efficiency.
- You are looking for a short-term job.
- You want to sit around and simply punch the clock.
- You don’t like committed relationships and you aren’t willing to put the needs of the patient and the practice first.
- You have difficulty finishing procedures in a timely manner, because we emphasize on-time appointments.
What Winning Looks Like:
How we will measure your performance:
- It is not perfect, but the production of dentistry (in dollars) really aligns with how well you are delivering care to the population. We will be measuring your performance daily, weekly and monthly. We expect you to be comfortable with this and have a continual desire to improve your outcomes.
- We will monitor patient satisfaction specific to every provider. We will be assessing if patients trust you and therefore want to return after meeting you. Our success is directly tied to how our patients feel we’ve met their needs, and we expect you to do everything in your power to do so.
All of the following are non-negotiable:
- You must be a 100% value fit (see above).
- You must commit to personal and professional growth. We are always trying to improve.
- You must appreciate the value of the whole team. You will not be able to do this at this level by yourself.
- You must desire the best for everyone around you!
If you don’t fit the description above, you won’t like working with our team and we will both experience hardship and frustration. However, if the shoe fits, you can expect a life-changing experience on your career perspective and your standards for success. If you are a good match for Davenport Dental Group, we need you to help us make the world smile.