A Letter From Our Team
We wanted to let you know we are here for you in our clean, comfortable, and safe environment. Our standards are well “above and beyond” what the American Dental Association and Centers for Disease Control recommend. We love what we do and the people we do it for. We are always here for you.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We have rearranged our seating arrangements in accordance with social distancing standards. If a seat is not available, please advise a Front Desk team member. You will be able to wait in your vehicle and we will notify you as soon as your dental professional is available. If you prefer to wait in your vehicle when you arrive, simply call us and we will let you know when we’re ready for you.
- Any additional people who are with you are encouraged to wait in your car for the duration of your appointment. This will allow us to ensure the office is cleaned and ready in between each patient.
- Upon entering Davenport Dental Group, you and any companion will be asked to sanitize your hands and you are highly encouraged to wear your mask (if you are not already). Our team will continue to wear masks and follow all safety standards for everyone’s safety. You will also find sanitizer in other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We will be measuring the temperature of all patients and companions (and team members) before coming into the office.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. Any patient deemed at risk of illness will be asked to reschedule at least 10 days out.
- We will continue using strict universal precaution on all patients-this means we operate assuming all patients have all diseases and use appropriate precautions.
- All protocols, methods, and materials have been reviewed to ensure that we can provide state-of-the-art sterilization, disinfection systems, and office procedures. Every solution, piece of equipment, and instrument was examined to ensure safety for our patients. We will be strictly adhering to CDC guidelines on the use of Personal Protective Equipment (special masks, gloves, jackets, etc). Safety is our #1 priority.
This high level of service is just one of the many ways that we are supporting our community. You can be assured safety measures at Davenport Dental Group will continue to evolve as more information develops.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
We look forward to serving you,
Davenport Dental Group
Infection control prevents or stops the spread of infections in healthcare settings. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control: you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with any member of our staff and receive a straightforward answer.
Our Davenport Dental Group team follows procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA,) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- Aerosol reduction with the use of Isolite and HEPA filters
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Gloves and face masks
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable materials
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.
Please view and share our latest COVID-19 Symptom Comparison Chart with your friends and family.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: