Dental EmergenciesSandra on Emergency Dental Care Read Transcript
Well, I've been coming here for several years already, and I continue to come back because they have a very friendly staff, very friendly office staff, and they answer all your questions. Of course, Dr Vallone has been very helpful in all of my dental needs.
They've taken are of several issues that I've had, root canals, my dental hygiene, of course, fillings, and any other concern that I may have with any dental issues. I happened to be in New York, and I had started getting a lot tooth pain. There was nothing they could do for me over there when I was on vacation, so I immediately called from New York. I called over here and set an appointment. I said, "I'll be arriving tomorrow, can you please take me right away? I'm in excruciating pain." Sure enough, they took me in the next the morning. Dr. Vallone saw me, and he was able to do the root canal that was greatly needed.
It's been a great experience. I wouldn't go anywhere else, because I've never had any problems here. I think that's what people want, to feel comfortable coming back when they see that your concerns are taken care of, especially when you're in pain and they take you right away. There's sometimes that you'll a dentist and they'll say, "Oh, it'll be another week before we can see you," or two weeks. Here, I've been fortunate that they see me right away whenever I need to come.
Dental emergencies in Laredo, TX
Dental emergencies are an unfortunate part of life. But when they happen, we are here for you. Below we have answered some of the most common questions we get about dental emergencies and how to deal with them. Please feel free to give us a call with any additional concerns you may have. We will be happy to address them.
What constitutes a dental emergency?
Not sure what constitutes a dental emergency exactly? You are not alone. It can be difficult to know when you should call the doctor. But we can help you! If you are experiencing any of the following situations, you are experiencing a dental emergency and you should contact our team as soon as possible.
- Tooth that has been broken or knocked out
- Tooth that has fallen out due to disease
- Tissue injury (such as to the tongue, lip, cheek, or gums)
- Damaged or loose restoration
- Severe dental pain (especially when chewing)
All of these situations mean that something is seriously wrong and that you should seek help immediately. The sooner you seek treatment, the sooner we will be able to get you the help you need.
What should I do in case an emergency occurs?
If you experience any of the situations listed above (a dental emergency), please take the following steps:
- Stop any bleeding. If bleeding does not stop in a reasonable amount of time, please get to an emergency room as soon as possible.
- Try to replace any teeth that have fallen out. Clean the tooth before attempting to reinsert. Do not touch the root of the tooth for any reason.
- Secure any loose teeth fragments. If you have a tooth that has broken (or been knocked out and you can’t replace it), please collect the pieces and place them in a glass of milk to keep them moist.
- Call our office. We can help you schedule an emergency appointment for that day or the next. Please leave a message if it is after hours and we will get back with you in the morning.
- Get to an emergency room if you are experiencing a life-threatening situation of any kind.
What types of treatments do you offer for emergency cases?
We offer a variety of services that can be used to treat dental emergencies. Some of them include:
- Root canal therapy
- Dental crowns
- Tooth replacement options
- And more
How can I schedule a dental emergency appointment?
Scheduling an appointment, emergency or not, is easy. Simply contact our team directly. You can call our Junction Drive location at 956-242-6745 or our Winfield location at 956-517-2695. You can also send us a message using our online contact form, though this form of contact is recommended for non-emergency appointments only. We will be happy to help you.
I’ve actually gotten several fillings and several filling replacements. So I’ve had, you know, a few of my fillings from the old style of fillings that have been replaced and they’ve gotten to the, ...VIEW MORE PATIENT TESTIMONIALS