Our team loves to help our patients maintain their best smiles possible. We offer preventive dentistry on Junction Drive in Laredo so that you’ll enjoy optimal oral health and confidence knowing that your smile is attractive.
In addition, routine dental care at Davenport Dental Group can help you:
- Catch and treat small dental problems before they worsen
- Avoid the need for more extensive dental work
- Lower the cost of your dental care
- Lessen your risk of dental emergencies
Pamper Your Smile With Great Oral Hygiene Products
There are many dental products on the market designed for home use. To make it easier to do your part in preventive dental care, below are several products we recommend, all available in our office:
BURST Toothbrush And Travel Kit – The revolutionary BURST sonic toothbrush offers you advanced teeth cleaning power. Right now you can purchase the BURST system for only $65 directly from our office. Our dentists love this toothbrush! Here’s what you, too, will love about BURST:
- 33,000 vibrations per minute for maximum cleaning and plaque removal
- Three modes to customize your brushing experience – Whitening, Sensitive, or Massage
- Soft, bacteria-absorbing binchotan charcoal bristles for a healthier mouth
- A pulse every 30 seconds while brushing, letting you know to switch quadrants in your mouth, plus automatic shutoff after two minutes
- Four weeks worth of brushing on a single charge, making it easy to travel with
- Optional replacement heads shipped directly to you every three months
BreathRx Kit – This kit is designed to help you manage chronic halitosis (bad breath) in three easy steps. It includes an antibacterial mouth rinse, an antibacterial tongue spray, tongue cleaners, and whitening toothpaste. The products contain a trademarked blend of zinc, a natural extract from thyme oil, and eucalyptus oil to neutralize odor immediately, not just cover it up temporarily.
Waterpik – Waterpik water flossers are an easy and more effective way to floss. The flossing systems, which use a stream of pressurized water instead of string floss, are proven to eliminate bacteria buildup between teeth and on gums in a few simple steps. This helps reduce your risk of both tooth decay and gum disease.
Fluoridex Toothpaste – Many patients with sensitive teeth find that fluoride toothpaste can aggravate the problem. However, choosing a toothpaste without fluoride can put your teeth at greater risk for cavities. Fluoridex prescription-strength toothpaste contains potassium nitrate to relieve the discomfort of sensitive teeth and fluoride to strengthen your enamel and protect against cavities.
Prevent Dental Problems With A Thorough At-Home Regimen
Did you know that adults over the age of 35 lose more teeth to periodontal (gum) disease than to cavities? Both issues are caused by plaque, a colorless film that builds up on your teeth. That’s why it’s so important to maintain preventive oral care at home.
Here are some home tips to help keep your mouth healthy and your smile bright:
- When brushing the outer surfaces of your teeth, hold your brush at a 45-degree angle to your gums and use gentle, circular motions on each tooth. To clean the inner surfaces, hold the toothbrush vertically and use a back-and-forth motion.
- To floss, wrap about 18 inches of floss around your two middle fingers, leaving about two inches in the middle to work with. Gently slide the floss in between your teeth and use an up-and-down motion to clean the sides of each tooth. Curve the floss around each tooth to reach just below the gumline, taking care not to irritate your gum tissue. Move to a clean area of floss as needed and rinse well when done.
- No matter how great you maintain your teeth at home, nothing replaces regular checkups. Dental cleanings and exams in our office allow us to monitor your oral health as well as remove built-up tartar on your teeth. Visit us every six months to maintain the most attractive smile possible.
- Be mindful of your nutrition. Eating starchy foods like breads, cookies, and crackers give bacteria a feeding ground to multiply. Sticky foods such as granola bars, fruit snacks, dried fruit, and hard candy can also give bacteria more time to create harmful acids.
Call us today at 956-242-6745 to schedule preventive dentistry on Junction Drive in Laredo, TX.