At Davenport Dental Group, we are dedicated to helping you achieve the happy, functional smile you deserve. Our Laredo, TX dentists understand how difficult it can be to live with a damaged or missing tooth. But you don’t have to suffer any longer! We can repair your smile with beautifully crafted dental crowns and bridges in as little as one appointment.Read Transcript
If a patient comes in and they have a broken tooth or, again, a missing tooth, one way that we can fix that and returning that to a functional working tooth is by crowning it, placing a full-coverage crown over the tooth. That'll restore its function and also provide that aesthetic need to go about feeling confident in their smile. One thing that we're happy to have is, it's our CEREC milling unit, where we can offer same-day crowns for our patients so that the same day that they need that crown, they can walk out with that crown the same day.
At our office, these restorations are:
- Durable – With the right care, your repaired smile could last your whole life.
- Attractive – By replacing missing teeth and restoring broken ones, you’ll improve your overall appearance.
- Functional – You’ll be able to eat and speak more clearly and without any discomfort.
- Protective – Replacing a missing tooth will prevent its remaining neighbors from shifting into its place. Covering damaged teeth will guard them against future harm.
Get Your New Crown In Just One Day
Many dental offices will require you to wear a temporary crown while you wait several weeks for a lab to create your dental restoration. Not Davenport Dental Group! With CEREC same-day crown technology, you can skip right to your permanent crown – in one visit.Dr. Davenport on Dental Crowns Read Transcript
Dental crowns and a lot of things in dentistry have gone through a transformation in the last five, 10, 15 years. Years ago, where everything was metal based whether it was a solid metal crown. We're talking about gold. When gold became expensive, we transitioned to some type of silver crown. Even our porcelain crowns had a metal substructure that the porcelain was baked on. Now, today, almost everything is computer imaged and computer guided and therefore everything is tooth color whether it's truly all porcelain or whether it's a tooth colored core with porcelain baked on top of it. The core is computer milled and then porcelain is baked on traditionally, but again, everything is moving or has moved to being totally cosmetic, totally aesthetic in tooth color.
Crowns can repair your natural tooth if it becomes severely damaged or decayed. We also use them to restore teeth after a root canal. Your crown will restore the structural integrity of the tooth, protect it from future damage, and restore your appearance.
Replace A Missing Or Damaged Tooth With A Dental Bridge
A dental bridge procedure replaces a missing tooth. We offer two types of bridges:
- Fixed bridges are made of several crowns bonded together. The end crowns are bonded to your natural teeth surrounding the gap, while the middle crown literally “bridges” it and fills in the gap.
- Implant-supported bridges are secured with dental implants. Implants are the most natural-looking way to replace missing teeth and are ideal for preserving jawbone structure, oral function, and dental health.
Recover your smile’s function with dental crowns and bridges from Davenport Dental Group. To schedule an appointment, contact our Junction Drive location at 956-242-6745 or our Winfield location at 956-517-2695.