- Eliminate gum disease ASAP to minimize discomfort
- Save on gum care with our Dental Membership Club
- Don’t suffer with sore & bleeding gums
You can see and feel symptoms of gum disease like bleeding gums and bad breath. While they are bad enough, the invisible impact of the disease is your increased exposure to serious conditions such as diabetes and heart disease. Our Winfield location in Laredo offers nonsurgical gum disease treatment that will keep you in better control of your overall health.
Treating gum disease will:Dr. Matt Davenport on Gum Disease Read Transcript
Dr. Matt Davenport on Gum Disease
We've taken some online classes and try and better our knowledge on how to treat gum disease. Hispanics are at a 40-50% higher chance of getting gum disease so what we do is we can treat the patient non surgically. Which means basically it's similar to a regular hygiene cleaning visit, we're just treating underneath the gum tissue a little bit deeper to better clean out and treat the causes of what can cause gum disease. We've seen people that come in, they say they haven't had their teeth cleaned either in 20, 30 years or I even had someone say they've never had a teeth cleaning in their life. And you can imagine that it's pretty life changing when they can actually say, Man, I didn't even know my teeth were supposed to feel like this or look like this. And that's a pretty eye opening result.
- Stop painful symptoms like sore and bleeding gums
- Keep your jaw from eroding and your teeth from falling out
- Prevent disease-causing bacteria from getting into your bloodstream
- Give you the confidence of having a healthy-looking smile and fresh-smelling breath
While gum disease can’t be cured, particularly in later stages, we can effectively prevent it and reverse its effects. We will check for signs of disease during every dental exam. Call 956-517-2695 today if you suspect you may have gum disease.
Save Your Smile By Proactively Treating Gum Disease
If you think you may have gum problems, you should seek treatment ASAP. If you’re in an early stage of gum disease, a simple dental cleaning may be all that’s needed to return your smile to health.
For more advanced cases of gum disease, we will likely suggest deep cleaning procedures known as scaling and root planing. They will:
- Clean bacteria from your gums
- Smooth out the roots of your teeth to help stop bacteria from clinging to them
- Make it easier for your gums to reattach to teeth, eliminating “pockets” between your teeth and gums where bacteria can collect
See Us At The First Sign Of Gum Disease Symptoms
You should seek treatment as soon as possible, in part because we can protect you from the progressively painful effects of the disease. You shouldn’t have to suffer, and you don’t have to with our proactive care! It’s also less expensive to treat gum disease in its early stages. See us every six months for a dental exam, where we can detect early signs before you ever feel any discomfort.
If you don’t have insurance or want to avoid insurance hassles, join our Dental Membership Club. It allows you to make low monthly payments for your exams and cleanings and offers discounts on other services too.
See us right away if you notice any of these gum disease symptoms:
- Red, swollen gums
- Gums that bleed while flossing or brushing
- Bad breath that won’t go away
- Sores on your gums
- Gums that have receded away from your teeth
- Teeth that seem longer than before
If you need gum disease treatment at our Winfield location in Laredo, don’t put it off. Protect your health (and your wallet!) with our comfortable and nonsurgical procedures. Call 956-517-2695 to make an appointment.