- Remove painful infection & save your tooth
- Receive soothing dental sedation if you need it
- We’ll protect your tooth with a same-day crown
Root canal therapy scares a lot of people! There’s no need to be frightened at Davenport Dental Group. Our root canals at our Winfield location in Laredo are comfortable, quick, and routine. With an infected tooth, the only alternative to a root canal is extraction. Keeping your natural tooth offers several advantages:
- You’ll avoid the limited diet and other inconveniences of recovery.
- Your nearby teeth will stay where they should be instead of shifting into the space left by a missing tooth.
- You’ll save money by avoiding the cost of tooth removal and a tooth replacement like a dental crown.
- Recovery is quicker and easier, with little if any discomfort.
- Your smile will still be full and beautiful!
Stop Your Dental Pain With Root Canal Treatment
Advanced decay is the most common root canal cause. When your tooth becomes infected, you may experience:
- Dental Pain
- Swollen Gums
- Facial Swelling
- Sensitivity To Heat And Cold
- Difficulty Chewing
- Discolored Tooth
Some people fear seeking treatment for an infected tooth because they’re afraid the treatment will hurt. But they’re wrong! The pain doesn’t come from the root canal procedure. During your treatment, we remove the inflamed tooth pulp that is causing your pain. We ensure you remain comfortable by numbing your mouth with local anesthesia. To help you stay relaxed, you can also receive dental sedation.
Once all of the decay has been removed from your tooth, we’ll protect it by covering it with a dental crown. Most dental offices require you to wear a temporary crown while your new one is manufactured at an off-site lab, a process that usually takes several days. We use CEREC technology to design and make a same-day crown for you right in our office. There’s no need to wait for your restoration!
For root canals at our Winfield location in Laredo, call Davenport Dental Group at 956-517-2695.