When your jaw joint, or TMJ, is thrown out of alignment, the consequences can be widespread and miserable. But with TMJ treatment at our Winfield location in Laredo, you can live without jaw pain again! At Davenport Dental Group, we offer custom solutions to heal your jaw, relieve your unpleasant symptoms, and restore your smile.
Our skilled dentist has the training and technology to create a mouthguard that’s worn while you sleep. The mouthguard will:
- Reduce the pressure being placed on your jaw joint
- Allow you to rest comfortably all night and wake up without an aching jaw
- Prevent pain from spreading from your jaw to other areas like your neck and shoulders
- Help you stop grinding your teeth to prevent damage and wear
- Alleviate related symptoms like headaches, migraines, and more
Grinding or clenching your teeth and jaw disorders bring all sorts of miserable symptoms with them. We can help! Call us at 956-517-2695 to schedule an appointment.
Relieve Tension on Your Jaw With a Mouthguard So It Can Heal
Your TMJ, or temporomandibular joint, allows you to open and close your mouth. It’s no wonder why you would experience some pretty debilitating symptoms if anything causes your jaw to malfunction. Whether it’s a teeth grinding habit, chronic stress, or an injury, we can help you figure out the underlying cause of your TMJ disorder and end the problems associated with it.
The key is to get your jaw into a better position so it can heal naturally. This is exactly what a custom mouthguard will do! The mouthguard is made using precise measurements of your mouth. It will:
- Fit comfortably while you sleep
- Bring your jaw forward and prevent you from clenching your upper and lower teeth together
- Relieve tension on your TMJ so they can heal
- Prevent damage to tooth enamel caused by grinding
You’ll soon notice the uncomfortable symptoms you’re used to start to dissipate, including ticking or popping sounds in your jaw, pain or difficulty when chewing your food, and facial swelling or tenderness.
Another consequence of jaw disorders and teeth grinding is damage to your tooth enamel. If you have chipped, cracked, or worn-down teeth, we can provide restorative dental treatment to fix your smile and improve your oral health moving forward.
Feel better with TMJ treatment at our Winfield location in Laredo. Call Davenport Dental Group today at 956-517-2695. You can also request an appointment online.